Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Playing Tourist


I had the opportunity to "play" tourist in La Grande, Oregon a few weekends ago. We had a couple of basketball games to see at Eastern Oregon University and had some time to kill in between. Sound familiar? How many other families are faced with the exact same situation  when coming to Pullman?

I haven't played the tourist in while, despite tourism being my occupation. And I had forgotton how much fun it can be! Just relaxing, discovering new things, being with my family without the usual distractions -- it was a blast. My first stop was to pick up the Visitor Guide. After reading it through, cover to cover (while my son played in the hotel pool) I decided on 3 must see's during our visit. We saw a museum, ate in several great restaurants, and saw wild elk being fed up close and personal.

I can't say enough about a visitor guide being a passport to somewhere new. In Pullman, we live here 24/7 and may think this info unecessary. But for a visitor, having a guide can be the difference between a so-so visit and a great visit. I may have found some things on my own, certainly I would have found the museum. But the dining guide was indispensible. And that was the last weekend for elk feeding for the season, we may have missed that altogether.

So take a look at Pullman's Visitor Guide. If you see any errors, or anything that has been accidentally omitted, please let us know, and we can correct it for next year. And I will trust that if a visitor has it in hand they will enjoy their visit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment