Tuesday, January 31, 2012

10 for $10

     I first moved to Pullman 23 years ago with two small children. Most of the new friends I made also had small children and were often students at WSU.  We were always looking for inexpensive things to do as a family. It didn't take long to get into the "loop" here in Pullman and find all those wonderful things to do. I remember one August where my friend and I were determined to take advantage of every opportunity - it was too much! The kids were entirely too busy. But we did learn that there is a plethora of low cost fun to be had in this area, no matter what the weather. We did it all from renting outdoor equipment at WSU to taking the kids to the Dunes.
      The 10 for $10 list that the Chamber puts on its website every month is a great way to continue this tradition in Pullman. This is an easy, accessible resource for anyone to use. You can find different activities throughout the year that are under $10, and sometimes even for free! I often make notes on whatever scratch paper is at hand in order to save a great idea for this list. If you come across something that would be a good fit, please drop me a line and let me know.
Vicki~Tourism Director

No comments:

Post a Comment